We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information.
- What Information Does Kiaro Collect?
Kiaro collects (A) information you provide to us directly and (B) information we automatically collect when you purchase Kiaro products. Information you provide directly to Kiaro in the course of conducting business with Kiaro includes:
- Customer information: This information includes your name, date of birth, gender, address, telephone number, email address, and any other contact information which we may request, and you choose to provide.
- Financial/transactional information: this includes your billing information, billing address, credit card details (number, expiration date, card verification value (CVV)) if you choose this payment option or your other payment preferences that you choose to provide, and the types of purchases you have made.
- Marketing Surveys, Contests, Forums: if you participate in surveys, or contests by Kiaro or our affiliates, your submissions will be collected, together with any other personal information you provide through such surveys or contests.
- Video Images: we use video surveillance on our properties for security and related purposes in accordance with applicable laws.
- Why Does Kiaro Collect Your Information?
- Kiaro collects information from you for the following reasons:
- to provide and improve Kiaro products and services to you;
- to provide information on our products and services that may be of interest to you, including new products, newsletters, offers, and events;
- to contact you when necessary, regarding issues concerning your use of our products and services;
- to obtain information about your use of our products and services, potentially through a survey to better understand your needs, as input to future product development plans or for marketing and advertising purposes;
- the information may be legally required; and
- Collection, Use, Disclosure, and Retention of Personal Information
- Producers and Consultants: Kiaro collaborates with producers to provide certain products. Kiaro may confidentially share your information with third party producers and consultants we work with to run our business.
- Aggregate or Anonymized Data: Kiaro may create and share aggregated or anonymized information that does not identify you with third parties.
- Corporate Transactions: Kiaro may share your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, amalgamation, sale of company assets, financing, purchase, or acquisition, subject to a commercially reasonable confidentiality or non-disclosure agreement.
- Compliance with Laws: Kiaro may disclose your information to a third party if we are required to do so in order to comply with applicable laws, government request, a court order or other quasi-government request to assist with an investigation. We may also be required to disclose your information to enforce our legal rights, to enforce security requirements, or to respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose your information. In such instances, if permissible, we will make every reasonable effort to give you as much notice as possible regarding the disclosure of your information, what information was disclosed and why.
- Security and Safeguards
Kiaro has taken reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized disclosure. These steps include but are not limited to, policies, standards, procedures, physical access, and logical access controls.
Employees and contractors are only granted access to the data they need to perform their job function and are required to follow the confidentiality and privacy requirements for your data in accordance with Kiaro’s policies and standards.
The protection of personal information is of paramount concern to Kiaro, and Kiaro is prepared to take appropriate and timely steps in the event of any incidents involving personal information in accordance with applicable privacy laws. Kiaro will notify affected parties of any incident involving sensitive information in accordance with applicable legal and regulatory requirements.
We will respect your choice not to be contacted. All our marketing email messages contain an option to automatically “opt-out” of receiving messages from us. You may also elect not to receive communication from us by sending an email to [firstname.lastname@example.org] with your email address and (if applicable) your postal code to request that we remove your email, address and name from our mailing list.
Visitors to Kiaro’s website should also be aware that anonymous technical information may be collected by us as a result of a visit to our website. For example, this information may include the visitor’s IP address, browser type, operating system, domain name, access times and referring website addresses. Kiaro uses this anonymous technical information for purposes such as diagnosing problems with our servers, improving the operation and content of our websites and compiling aggregate and statistical information.
We will not attempt to link or match such anonymous technical information with any personally-identifiable information unless we have an individual’s consent, Kiaro (or its service providers) have detected or reasonably suspect any unlawful use of Kiaro’s services or a security breach, or Kiaro has a legal duty or right to do so.
We may use “cookies” on our website. “Cookies” are small text files placed on computers that can collect and store a variety of information. Permanent cookies are stored indefinitely on a user’s hard drive unless manually deleted, while temporary cookies are automatically deleted from the user’s browser upon logging out of a website. Web browsers typically allow users to disable permanent and/or temporary cookies.
Please note that we use Google Analytics. There is more information about how Google collects, uses, and processes data at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Please note that Kiaro’s website contains links to other websites. Kiaro is not responsible for the privacy practices used or followed by other websites. You are encouraged to be aware of when you leave our website, and to read the privacy statements of each and every website you may visit that may collect personal information from you.
With your permission, our website also uses the Conversion Tracking Pixel service of Facebook Inc. This tool allows us to follow the actions of users after they are redirected to a provider's website by clicking on a Facebook advertisement, which enables us to record the efficacy of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes. The collected data through the Conversion Tracking Pixel remains anonymous, which means we cannot see the personal information of any individual user.
However, the collected data is saved and processed by Facebook. Facebook is able to connect the data with your Facebook account and use the data for their own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook's Data Use Policy found under: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Facebook Conversion Tracking also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside of Facebook. In addition, a cookie will be saved to your computer for these purposes. More information about opting out of any remarketing pixels and technologies can be found at http://networkadvertising.org/choices
- Openness and Access to Information
Upon your written request, we will provide you with a record of information that we have collected about you. There may be some cases where we may not be able to disclose certain information about you if it would mean disclosure of personal information of another person or other confidential information, or if it would compromise our security systems. If you require access to your information, please write to us by email or mail, with your request. We will respond to you within thirty (30) days of receiving your request.
Personal information we collect is stored and processed by us primarily in Canada. However, we also use third party service providers, such as payment processors, insurance carriers and technology partners, that may use, process and store your personal information in another country. Personal information provided to third parties outside of Canada is subject to the laws of those jurisdictions and may not be afforded the same legal protections that are available in Canada. In those cases, we will put appropriate contractual and other controls in place to protect your personal information, as required by applicable laws.
By using our website, enrolling for one of our services or products or otherwise submitting your personal information to us, you hereby consent to the transmission, processing and/or storage of personal information outside of Canada.
Kiaro makes every reasonable effort to ensure that personal information is accurate and complete. This may involve requesting further information or updates from you. We rely on individuals to notify us if there is a change to their personal information that may affect their relationship with Kiaro.
- Governing Law
- Compliance and Complaints
Attn: Privacy Officer
You may also contact the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (for international matters and inter-provincial matters) (http://www.privcom.gc.ca/) or the Information and Privacy Commissioner of British Columbia Privacy Commissioner (for British Columbian matters) (http://www.oipc.bc.ca/).