Assistant Store Manager
The Assistant Store Manager will focus their time on ensuring the cannabis education is supported for all staff. In addition, the ASM will support the Store Manager in the administration of company policies and procedures. Please send your resume and chosen candidates will be contacted regarding the company and opportunity. Must have BC Cannabis Security Verification certificate or in the process of obtaining it.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure staff have the necessary knowledge to support our customers cannabis journey
- Provide to staff and the store manager feedback on the implementation of Policies and Procedures
- Supporting the store manager with recruiting new team members from within the community
- Providing world class service to both customers and team members
- Resolving customer concerns in a timely fashion
- Merchandising guidelines are executed as required
- Training team members on Cannabis products and ensuring team members have the resources necessary to support their own growth
- Lead by example with all of our core values
- Communicating positive performance feedback to team members in the moment
- Will be expected to uphold high levels in visual merchandising
- Developing a store culture of positivity and inclusion
- Supporting the Store Manager with opportunities to engage within the local community
- Schedule will require 40 hours/week and shifts are scheduled based on consumer traffic patterns
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum of two years of retail or hospitality management experience
- A coaching mentality this position supports daily feedback to cannabis consultants and supports employee education
- A communicator and leader by nature
- Must have experience and understanding of business metrics
- Flexible schedule – assistant store managers are expected to work a varied work schedule that reflects peak consumer traffic trends
- Can demonstrate superior communication skills especially as it relates to performance management of team members
- Experience hiring and managing a diverse team of community members and ensuring strong succession plan is in place
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree preferred
- Willingness to travel for training
- Ability to execute corporate policies and procedures
- BC Cannabis Security Verification certificate
- The company's culture is fun, tech-driven, development focused, and entrepreneurial.
- The company offers a competitive benefits package. From Massage therapy to dentist appointments, the plan should cover all your needs.
- Offering a “first in class” retail education.
- Joining this company is joining a passionate group of cannabis professionals who live and breathe our core values - Courage, Collaboration, Creativity and Accountability. We are a close-knit family who embraces individuality and a good sense of humour.